12 May 2018

New Trend Cookie Cake





Dear Cake Sweeties
I decided to make this new trending cookie cake just in time for Mother’s Day and my beloved Mum's birthday; a mouth-watering edible gift for her this year.

The recipe made two layers of chocolate wafer cookie dough in the shape of heart, with stabilised whipped cream in between and on top. I then decorated and topped with berries, macrons, sugar flowers, mini meringue kisses, red hearts, mini jazzies etc. 

What a great new trendy treat created by Israeli baker Adi Klinghofer, who makes large cakes in the shape of numbers and initials but soon learned it’s a common amongst many bakers and I can see why! They are just divine!

However, there are many different versions of this idea out there. Some bakers make them with a sweet tart dough, others use a basic sugar cookie recipe. I did a lot of reading and testing to see what I liked, and for these cookies, I ended up using a new-to-me recipe for chocolate wafer cookies!

~~
To My Mother
Your love is like a rainbow that brings color into my world. I am such a lucky daughter. My children are truly lucky to have you as the best granny of the world. I love you Mama!
~~

Thank you all for stopping by and wishing my Mum a happy birthday too. 

Happy baking,
Beth xo 

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...