03 September 2017

Gudetama Pudding Cake









Dear Cake Sweeties

Here is another Sanrio Character Cake I made for my dear friend's nephew. I love all Sanrio characters whether they are cheerful Hello Kitty or Lazy Egg.

In the beginning while doing more researches about this particular character. I found no one ever made this cake yet; so I don't have any references how it would turn out. Thankful the cake was well-loved! 

The cake was our delicious vanilla sponge cakes, which I added the marmalade syrup for extra moistness, due to the fact that I spent quite some times to carve the shape. After I am happy with the shape, I crumbed coat with our luxurious dark chocolate ganache. The birthday boy doesn't like chocolate so just very thin layered of chocolate filled and crumbed coat before I covered the whole cake with fondant.

This is also the first time I made the toppers (the giant cherry and whipped cream both out of styrofoam) after I finished decorating the cake. In the photo, the cherry and whipped cream occupied the top of the pudding equally. Hence, I waited until I finished decorating the cake before I started with the toppers like I always do.

~~
Dear Louis

Hope you have an EGG-Citing day! Happy 10th birthday~ Thank you for allowing us to be part of your milestone celebration.
~~

Thank you all for stopping by.
Happy baking
Beth xo

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...