26 January 2016
Finally, It happened and I am able to share the cakes and desserts I created for my beloved children that I have been mentioning in the previous posts. We celebrated Miss Ellie's very first birthday and Jeremy's third birthday this past weekend with a Ralph Lauren Polo theme.
I bought some horseman cutters and the stencil from JB Cookie Cutters and the Cake Stamp by Etty Dash to create all the toppers and treats. The printable came from Etsy.com and I used my "Scan N Cut" to create all the labels. I have to say that it was a hectic week to make all the cakes and treats and months of planning and making the whole thing happened for a few hours (due to the hot weather, we have to cut it from our normal three hours to 2 hours).
Cakes & Treats highlights to look out for (It's such a big party and so many details, I will only mention the edible parts here. If you are interested in the printable and decorations, they will be on 巧比工作坊's blog. Whatever happened on the party, it will be via 巧比生活坊):
1. Jeremy's T-Shirt Cake: It's a Chocolate Mississippi Cake filled with dark chocolate ganache.
2. Ellie's Onesie Cake: It's a Caramel Mud Cake filled with dark chocolate ganache.
3. Two tiered Polo Club Cake: This is a dummy cake to connect both children's party into one.
4. Ellie's Smash Cake: This is a Vanilla Cake filled with chocolate ganache and her first taste of chocolate. Lucky I didn't fill it with buttercream because it was such a hot day and we were kinda of in the outdoor area so all chocolate did not set properly and pure chocolate treat even melted.
5. Macaroons: I have two flavours i.e. hazelnut macarons filled with dark chocolate ganache and chocolate macarons filled with salted caramel ganache.
6. Push up Cake Pops: They are alternations of three cakes mentioned above filled with of course dark chocolate ganache and salted caramel ganache.
7. Mini Chocolate covered Oreos: They looked okay in the photo but they actually melted if you try to pick them up; so I recommend to have this treat in an air conditioned venue if it's in summer).
8. Chocolate Bar: It's from Aldi and a great party favour with a budget.
9. Jelly Beans and Rock Candy Sticks
10. Elvit Water Bottle
11. Horseman/Onesie/Polo Shirt Cookies: They are Chocolate Sugar Cookies (Jeremy loves it) and Brown Sugar Cookies.
It was really a hot day. It's the first time I picked a venue without the air conditioned and some lessons are learnt for sure. However, it was a wonderful party for my little family and great memory for us to treasure for years.
I want to thank all my friends who came to make my children's birthday such a special day. Nothing better than celebrating their birthday with so many Uncles, Aunties, Brothers and Sisters. Love and happiness are certainly flooding my little family.
There is one more cake for Jeremy's childcare birthday celebration this week. I can't wait to see my little valentine's eyes sparkle when he sees it.
Thank you for sharing my story. Talk soon!
10 January 2016
My daughter Miss Ellie is approaching to become a toddler next month. Following her big brother's footstep, I made this giant cupcake smash cake for her 11 month anniversary photo shoot.
Instead of making my own cake batter, I used the Green's super moist vanilla butter cake recipe since it's mainly to smash than consume it. I had about 1.5 cups for the top part using the glass bowl to create the dome shape; the rest equally distributed in the 6" round cake tins. I also tried to tint the batter with red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food colourings. I love the vibrant layers that screams for celebrations.
In term of the decorations, the bottom of the giant cupcake cake was a white chocolate case moulded by using the Big Top Giant Cupcake Pan to give it a nice and clean finish. For the top of the cupcake I used food colouring to dye the cool whip in light pink and using tip 1B to make the buttercream rose swirls.
Dearest Miss Ellie
Happy 11 months old, my sweetheart! Mummy is well prepared to throw you a fabulous FIRST birthday with our beloved family and friends. Love you to the moon and back..xx
Please feel free to contact us for a quote. They can be completely customised to your themes including colour, decoration and flavour.
Thank you for sharing this special day with us.
03 January 2016
Welcome to a brand new year. I am so looking forward to start my 2016 with several cakes in January for my children.
First, I need to show you my last creation in 2015. I am absolutely in love with it. This two-toned Frozen cake is completed with handmade fondant figures of Elsa and Anna on top. I like the cuteness of these two figurines.
It is decorated with some white and blue sparkling snowflakes one side; as well as some sunflowers on the other, which came from the cake in the movie. The letterings are made by using the Frozen font cutters.
Frozen seems to be the theme for so many little girl's parties this year. This cake was made for a little girl Sharon's fourth birthday celebration. They were fun and challenging to make. Hopefully I can get another chance to make it again for my nieces.
Wishing a sweet girl forever happiness and fun. Happy frozen birthday!!
Until then, my next creation is Ellie's cake smash cake for the pre-cake smashing photo shoot.
Hi Cake Sweeties I am so excited to share this cake with you. My son asked if I could make a cake for his Dad’s birthday th...
Carousel Cake and Matching Smash Cake Sweet Pink Carousel Cake Cute Carousel Smash Cake Cake Pops Lace Name Plague ...
This is the cake I made for a co-worker’s hubby's birthday back in December 2010! She wanted something that her kids would enjoy. I gave...
New Peach Original Pearl Hi, Cake Lovers I am sorry that I have to delay once again about Paul's BM...