13 June 2018

Drip Cake





 Hi Cake Sweeties
I am so excited to share this cake with you. My son asked if I could make a cake for his Dad’s birthday this year. I am happily obliged even though my husband told me not to make a big deal out of it, as it wasn’t a big milestone. I was thinking what to make without using fondant (a lot of works to him).
I kept the cake decorating simple, because I wanted to try the drippy glaze technique one more time that I have to admit I failed once with a pure whipped cream cake a few years ago, but it was surprisingly easy this time with chocolate ganache.
Moist strawberry cake paired with white chocolate buttermilk ganache frosting and sandwiched with mini Oreos donut cereal filling, topped with drippy chocolate glaze and all sorts of treats. The ultimate layer cake for chocolate and strawberry lovers.
Firstly, I frosted the cake evenly and smoothed the sides and top. This was the most time consuming part if people want to get it perfect. Once I got the top and sides mostly perfect, I left the whole cake in the room temperature covered to avoid dust (we are in winter time so I didn’t put in the fridge to set) and made the chocolate glaze the next day when ready to decorate.
Next day, I made the chocolate glaze and waited until it cooled down before filled in the chocolate sauce bottle. Time to do the trick I was cautious about. Then, magic happened, drippy chocolate gliding pleasurably down like happy chocolate tears down the sides.  
Finally, I placed all sorts of treats my husband loves on top to finish the decorating part. Serve and enjoy a lot by my little family as usual.
 ~~
Dearest Paul

Happy birthday to you, my big Valentine who always makes me feel confident and strong. Thank you for always believing in me. May you feel as cherished on your birthday as I do by you.
~~
Thank you for stopping by. I can’t wait to share with you my next sweet creation for my beloved family and friends.
Happy baking
Beth xo 

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...