21 August 2018

Louis Vuitton Damier Cake






Hi Cake Sweeties

I want to share this Bucket Bag Cake (as my friend calls it) with you today. Louis Vuitton was the first designer brand caught my eyes in my 20s. I made this cake for my dearest friend, Claire's birthday. When we were in our 20s, we went to Melbourne once, we both bought a designer bag i.e. a LV bag each. 

As we both love designer bags and I believe most people do, that her birthday cake this year is modelled after a current trend i.e. bucket style bag. The design includes hand-cut squares to make the checkerboard patter on it, as well as gold painted logo on the top. The final touch is the gold painted LV locket.

In term of the cake flavour this time, I chose to make a new recipe. Although chocolate and vanilla will always be classic, but this unique cake flavour will satisfy both less sweet and sweet tooth. She absolutely loved the "earl grey tea cake sandwiched with earl grey tea milk chocolate ganache and frosted with earl grey tea white chocolate ganache". She even sent me a photo after cutting the cake. You could see it's very moist and certainly very delicious. 

~~
Happy birthday, Claire! May you continue to be blessed with health, youthfulness and beauty always.
~~

For that Louis Vuitton fanatic - the Damier style. A cake is certainly for the fashion lovers out there!

Thank you all for stopping by. There is a new project coming up for this Father's Day. Stay tuned. 

Happy baking
Beth xo 

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...