12 June 2013

Formula 1 Cake



Hi Everyone

I want to share this Formula 1 car cake with you. I made it for my dear friend Claire's son who turned 5 as well. Daniel is only two weeks younger than my lovely niece Sophie. While Sophie is a girly kind of girl, Daniel loves all motors.

A few years ago, Toddler Daniel was into "Lightning McQueen". I wished I have time to make up to him with a Lightning McQueen Cake. However, I need to settle something simpler in design while caring for Baby Jeremy. The idea came from Debbie Brown in her 50 easy party cakes book. Instead of covering the board with fondant as usual, I covered it with the black vinyl to save me more time (I had to do it while Jeremy took a nap).

The cake was our mouthwatering chocolate mud cake covered with yummy chocolate ganache and then tasty Bakels fondant. The wheels are cake pops. Basically the whole car is edible except the candle.

Every now and then I got question from my new friends what is your mud cake tasted like. Well, I can only say our mud cake is rich, moist and creamy only from best ingredients i.e. Callebut Belgium dark chocolate, premium vanilla extract, fresh free range eggs and real butter. When the days go by, the chocolate mud cake will certainly taste better and better.

Thank you for stopping by! The next project will be my own birthday cake.
Happy baking
Beth xx

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...