10 June 2013

Tuxedo Cake











Hi Everyone

Here is the cake I made for Paul for his 37th birthday. I always love him to wear tuxedo for a formal function, but he only wore once in his whole life which was on our engagement party. He doesn't favour the tux because he thinks he looks like a fat penguin. However, I always believe he looks rather dashing in it.

This year, I am happy to dress my mini Paul in his first baby tux and celebrates his Daddy's birthday in style. In order to match the theme of the celebration, I created this [Tuxedo Cake].

I was thinking to create a folded looking tux but I wanted to add a top hat to go with it. As a result, I baked a round cake instead of a rectangle one. The idea came pretty close to a cake from "Bake-a-boo Cakes" in NZ.

The cake was our moist strawberry cake layered and covered with dark chocolate ganache. You can't go wrong with a pink tint fresh tasting cake like this. This cake is seasonal to guarantee we get the natural sweetness from the strawberry itself. We don't use the artificial ingredient such as Jell O powder to create the taste of the strawberry. This tastes heavenly.

I hope you like this creation. Thank you for stopping by!
Happy baking
Beth xx

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...