15 July 2013

Chevron Birthday Cake


Hi Everyone

Oh my, I am now half way of my 30s. God bless me with a good hubby, a cute son and many wonderful friends. This year, I had a birthday party at our local park where it provides kids friendly playground of all ages and a few BBQ stations.

My party theme was Chevron print in pink and blue. Hence, I have a Candy Table filled with pink and blue sweets for my guests i.e. French Macaroons, Strawberry Yogurt in a jar, Popcorns and Mini Marshmallows.

My design of the party was inspired by chevrons in of course. A simple & chic pink and blue chevron cake accented with a handmade sugared Ranunculus, some store bought hydrangeas and bling number 3 & 5 toppers were included in my design.

The cake itself was a checkerboard using our delicious dark chocolate and white chocolate mud cakes (I decided on this way before the show from The Australian Greatest Bake Off if you wondered where I got this idea from). Sorry that I haven't got a chance to show you inside the cake because we finished it pretty quickly.

I hope you enjoy my own birthday creation. I can't wait to share my next cake in two weeks for our dearest Gabby's 8th birthday. She wants a "Monster High" Cake. Hopefully I can meet her expectation. She wants a checkerboard cake as soon as she saw my cake. I hope I have time to photography it next time.

Thank you for stopping by.
Happy baking
Beth xx

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...