26 August 2013

Guitar Cake


Hi Everyone

I want to share this biggest cake I have done so far. Oh my, I didn't know what I have got myself into until when I started this birthday cake. I tried to make the guitar cake a life-sized one, but I didn't have enough cake so I ended up having the guitar only 1" thick. Next time, I would have done at least 2" in thickness.

A lot of cake decorators did the strings with flower wires or spaghetti; the strings of my cake were fondant. I wished that I could make it more realistic with more details but Jeremy has been seeking attention lately. The musical notes were blue chocolate melts. They are certainly rooms for improvement.

The cake was a predominantly dark chocolate mud cake with a swirled mixture of white chocolate.

We had a great time at the party because our birthday friend had performed a few songs he wrote to entertain the guests. The cake was totally fitting in so well.

Until then, thank you for stopping by!
Happy baking
Beth xx

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...