11 March 2014

Pumpkin Chiffon Cake


Hi Everyone

Here is our family "Pumpkin Chiffon Cake" to welcome the cooler autumn months. Since Jeremy does not eat the organic pumpkin puree anymore, I used it to make this cake as a dessert after dinner.

I have been using this recipe for a few years now. I think that I need to cut down the pumpkin spice a bit further more to suit my family's taste of the cinnamon. However, the aroma is fabulous and it's very moist and soft.

Here is my homemade pumpkin spice mix to share with you. I do not think we have the ready to use one in Australia just yet. Combine 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Store in an airtight container.

Sorry about the appearance of the cake. While cooling on the cooling rack, the skin for that beautiful cake top were peeled off after I removed the baking sheet (I always forget not to do this step - time to put in the note hey).

See, even Jeremy came over to have a bite during the photo shoot. Dat's my boy!

Thank you for stopping by. I can not wait to show you the next dessert table I am working on.
Happy baking
Beth xx

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...