05 November 2013

Melbourne Cup Treats


Hi Everyone

Yesterday, Jeremy and I were inviting to a Melbourne Cup party. It's a private party at home but how can you not have some treats; especially it's Melbourne Cup we are talking about.

I quickly went through my pantry and decided on two treats but ended up having three treats that I have to share with you.

I think I have been in the "Red Velvet" cupcake mode this year. I just keep making this beautiful flavour and the only thing that is different this time is that I didn't have the cream cheese frosting to go on top (Oops, I run out of the cream cheese). No worries, bakingmama changed to whip up some "Chocolate Buttercream" instead but not to go on top of the cupcakes. I sandwiched this in the lovely melt-in-your-mouth "Whoopie Pies". I have to say, it's divine in its own way and similar effect to the "Macaroons".

I then used some red velvet cupcakes and chocolate buttercream to make something awesome. Say hi to our new "Push-Up Cakes". This is so trendy and another way of presenting your cupcakes.

Well, we certainly had a great time. Jeremy was dressing on his best Polo shirt and blue jeans while I was in my long lost high-heel shoes and fancy headpiece.

Thank you for stopping by!
Happy baking
Beth xoxo

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...