10 January 2016

Giant Cupcake Smash Cake







Hi Everyone

My daughter Miss Ellie is approaching to become a toddler next month. Following her big brother's footstep, I made this giant cupcake smash cake for her 11 month anniversary photo shoot.

Instead of making my own cake batter, I used the Green's super moist vanilla butter cake recipe since it's mainly to smash than consume it. I had about 1.5 cups for the top part using the glass bowl to create the dome shape; the rest equally distributed in the 6" round cake tins. I also tried to tint the batter with red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food colourings. I love the vibrant layers that screams for celebrations.

In term of the decorations, the bottom of the giant cupcake cake was a white chocolate case moulded by using the Big Top Giant Cupcake Pan to give it a nice and clean finish.  For the top of the cupcake I used food colouring to dye the cool whip in light pink and using tip 1B to make the buttercream rose swirls.

``
Dearest Miss Ellie

Happy 11 months old, my sweetheart! Mummy is well prepared to throw you a fabulous FIRST birthday with our beloved family and friends. Love you to the moon and back..xx
``

Please feel free to contact us for a quote. They can be completely customised to your themes including colour, decoration and flavour. 

Thank you for sharing this special day with us.
Happy baking
Beth xo

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...