13 May 2016

Edible Flowers in Mason Jar


Hi Everyone

Mum celebrated her birthday last weekend. She lives in overseas with Dad and my sisters, I still wanted to create something for her special day. Instead of a real cake, I created a dummy.

She is in love with floral art early this year. She would send us photo of her work every week. It’s not hard to think of what to make her i.e. a half edible gorgeous bouquet of flowers in a real mason jar.

I covered a mason jar with fondant. Some sugared flowers complete the illusion, making them look like a miniature floral art, which can last for a long time. For the letter i.e. MUM, I just free handed and painted gold luster dust mixed with vodka.

Mum said it's a perfect present.

~~
Dearest Mum:

I believe in angels,
I believe in unconditional love,
I believe in blessings,

I believe in good luck,

I believe in destiny...

I found all these in you, who is my everything. If I love my children to the moon and back; I love you to the whole universe and back.

I want to thank Grandma and Grapndpa for having you and educate you for being who you are. I hope you find no regrets of having us.

Happy birthday to the dearest woman of my life.
~~

I love my mum. She is a very artistic woman who is my main inspiration and role model to look up to. I can’t wait to create another cake next year for her from her many talents and interests.

Happy baking
Beth xo 

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...