12 June 2016

Emmet Lego Movie Cake




Hi Everyone

Before I tell you about my hubby's big 40th surprise party two weeks ago (am still waiting for the professional photograph); I want to quickly show you this Lego cake I made for a little boy's 8th birthday over the weekend.

Daniel is a sweet boy who and his big sister love to look after my two kids whenever we meet up. Mum was my wedding makeup artist and we were next door neighbours and didn't know each other until the wedding. Daniel was born two weeks after my oldest niece Sophie, he as well has always in bakingmummy's heart. Due to mum and dad's working commitments, he has no birthday party this year but I know he will love a cake to celebrate at home.

I cannot think of anything but a Lego cake for an 8 years old boy. Funny enough, I haven't got time to see the Lego movie. Hence, I went online to google some ideas. I came across a video on Youtube by "Creative Cakes by Sharon". Straightaway, I knew I had to make this cake for Daniel.

The only thing I added to the cake was the yellow candy lego blocks. The cake was a vanilla buttercream cake with milk ganache then covered in bright coloured fondants.

~~
Dear Daniel 

A birthday is a gateway,
A birthday is a door into brand new adventures you've never had before.
So sail away or fly away into a fresh new year.
You are eight years old! Hurrah...Hurrah!
The world gives you a cheer.
~~

Until next time which will not be long, stay sweet~

Happy baking
Beth xo

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...