12 February 2019

Chinese New Year 2019




Hi Cake Sweeties,

🐷Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year🐷

It’s been a crazily busy week with my little ones’ birthdays one after another. In between, we have Chinese New Year to celebrate. I think they are old enough to know about our family roots and cultural (Such a blessing we live in the multi-cultural country and my little ones can learn and know about it at school and childcare). 

I prepared some homemade Chinese New Year cookies and macarons for my little ones. This is my first time making Chinese New Year treats since I started my little baking adventure. I have a few things I want to try and make but because its so close to my little girl’s birthday, I decided to keep it simple and stick with these set to honour "the year of the pig".

I supposed to serve the cookie with Chinese character “blessing” upside down since the character for “upside down” in Chinese sounds the same as the character for “arrival”. An upside down blessing implies blessing has arrived! Cool huh! At the moment, I want to introduce my children with proper Chinese character first.

~~
祝福我們這一家最親愛的家人朋友們

諸事吉祥; 陽春臻六順;豬歲報三多 🐽🐽🐽
Wishing you all with Happiness, Prosperity, Longevity in the Year of the Pig 🐽
~~

Thank you all for stopping by as usual. Can't wait to show you more cakes and treats.

Happy baking
Beth xo 

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...