15 April 2014

Jeremy's Banana Cake



Hi Everyone

Can you feel the chill when you wake up in the morning? I can feel the winter is fast approaching. Every month, I will order some organic fruits and vegetables directly from the farm.

This month, I have too many bananas sitting on my kitchen counter. I usually give one a day to Jeremy after dinner. In the meantime, when I go out with my girlfriends or taking Jeremy out to his play dates, I always order a piece of banana bread to go with my tea and share with Jeremy. However, I found the Cafe Banana Bread is sweet and oily although it's soft in texture.

Then, I found a slice of banana cake from my local bakery, which is less oily and firmer in texture as well as pleasant to eat. Hence, I decided straightaway to make a more suitable version for Jeremy to snack on during the day.

If you are looking for a lighter and healthier version of banana cake for your little ones, this is the one for you. It's moist yet spongy like a steamed bread rather than a cake. It has no oil or butter and the sweetness mainly direct from the banana. If you are a very sweet tooth type, I do not recommend this. However, both my valentines like it very much.

I will try another version; and finger crossed it will be similar to the one the local baker makes. I will let you know how I go with the recipe.

Thank you for stopping by!
Happy baking
Beth xx

No comments:

Fire Engine Cupcakes

  Fun cupcakes to celebrate a little fireman turning 3 last July. Vanilla buttermilk cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and gum pas...